So I’ve found a new hobby, BBQ Pork Spare Ribs. I watched a show called BBQ Pit masters, which showed a selection of American BBQ Pit masters roasting various bits of meat and then deciding which ones are worth prizes of thousands of dollars.
I am not trying to make money from my hobby, but it is something I’m passionate about. And the best thing is, it’s a great hobby. It’s not like climbing a mountain. The steps to my hobby are:
- Get some meat – I prefer some nice pork spare ribs, around $10NZD for a small rack
- Make your own rib rub – I like to make a nice Kansas City Rib Rub
- Put the rub on the ribs – It’s a dry rub, so don’t go turning it into a baste
- Put it at 125 degrees Celsius for four hours – it gets slow cooked so that the meat nearly falls off the bones
- Play some Russian Party Poker – if you’re Russian, it’s probably a good way to pass the time. These ribs aren’t going to be cooking any time soon, and Poker is as good as any other method to kill some spare time.
- Mop the ribs with apple juice every half an hour or so
- Take the ribs out, and eat.
It’s a great past time, doesn’t take up a lot of time or effort, and at the end you have delicious ribs.